Lower fear of failure + skyrocket social impact and resilience with a neuroscience-based methodology for cultivating growth mindset.
For educators and thought leaders.
INSPIRE INNOVATION, NOT REGURGITATION
In this episode, I'll share with you the key ingredient you MUST know in order to increase the chances that you will be able to help others adopt a growth-oriented mindset for themselves. In fact, I propose that this key idea is what you should talk about before - possibly even INSTEAD OF - mentioning the word 'growth mindset'.
LEADS TO LACK OF NEW IDEAS
Many of us adopt fixed mindsets from being in the regular presence of people who:
- have fixed mindsets
- are poor regulators of their stress and emotions
- do not activate diverse brain activity by experiencing multiple perspectives and learning about new areas and skills they are not familiar with
and from being exposed regularly to systems (like school and many areas of society) that:
- reward compliance and obedience, rather than trusting our own guidance, or questioning of status quo
- discourage 'outliers' and disrupters
- make us fearful and ashamed of failure and making mistakes
INCREASES AGENCY + INNOVATION
When leaders, educators and innovators:
- learn the science behind growth mindset, they increase their belief in their own ability, and others' ability to figure things out (AGENCY);
- increase their Social and Emotional Intelligence, they are better able to teach and model self-regulation (SELF-REGULATION);
- understand their unique role in serving a purpose bigger than themselves, they increase their perseverance through challenges ('SELF-TRANSCENDENT PURPOSE')