“You think because you understand 'one' you must also understand 'two', because one and one make two. But you must also understand 'and'.”
-Sufi teaching story
Attachment - and specifically secure attachment - is one of the most important concepts for understanding human resilience and ability to cope with life’s stressors.
Secure attachment is not a ‘nice to have’. It is a neurologically necessary ingredient to immune system health, brain functioning and ‘autonomic maturity’.
This is what we will explore In this Tuesday’s workshop. We will be looking at research and strategies from multiple fields of expertise in biology, neuroscience, psychology, and sociobehavioral development (see researchers listed below) combined into diagrams and discussion of what Attachment is, what happens to us when it is not doing what it is supposed to do, and what the most significant predictors are for recovery from attachment dysregulation and disruption. We will explore both caregiver-child and adult romantic attachment frameworks.
Review from the latest workshop:
“I found her November workshop on emotional regulation very valuable and loved the engagement and interactivity- people asked questions for a long time after the end of the workshop and Stefanie answered everyone. People are attending from around the world. These workshops are as special as I thought they would be. Just Stefanie’s mapping of arousal/ valence provided a very useful map to work with in understanding my own response and those of the people I work with.”
Participants get an audio recording, notes and handouts for each seminar (if you’re not able to attend live, you’ll get a link to the recording).
Tomorrow is the last day to register!
Tuesday December 5, 2023
7:30 PM MST
*For those who have already registered, THANK YOU and I am SO looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow evening! I will be sending an email this evening and then again in Tuesday shortly before the workshop with the zoom link amd instructions, I will leave plenty if time for questions and will stay late to answer them with all of you! It’s been amazing to connect with people from all over the world, with all different backgrounds and experiences. This seminar series has been an absolute HIGHLIGHT of my year. For those of who wish to, please send me brief information about you and yiur work so I can include that in a group email. (I’ve received a few already).
Secure attachment strategies and relationships have the potential to transform life trajectories into their highest states of potential.
If you are unable to attend, I encourage you to explore attachment theory as a way to add a new level of understanding human behavior (your own and others!)
Here are some resources and researchers to explore:
- Mary Ainsworth- (particularly the 1978 book with Blehar, Waters & Wall).
- John Bowlby (Attachment and loss: Vol 1, 2, 3)
- Alan Schore (co-regulation, self-regulation and dysregulation: origins of the self)
- Neufeld Institute (author of Hold On to Your Kids)
- Attachment Lab Cornell University
- The Gottman Institute (adult attachment)
- Ruth Feldman Lab (bio behavioral synchrony)
- Philip Shaver & Cindy Hazan (adult attachment researchers and authors of book, Attached)
- Mario Mikulincer - Adult Attachment Lab, UCDavis
- David A. Sbarra
- C. Sue Carter (Kinsey Institute - Oxytocin and vasopressin researcher)
- Lisa M Diamond (psycho physiology of adult attachment)
- Tiffany Field (bio behavioral aspects of attachment, caregiver emotional unavailability and emotion regulation )
- Andrew Huberman Podcast: the science of love, desire and attachment
- Mindset Neuroscience Podcast: Season 2 Episode 11: THE NEUROSCIENCE OF ATTACHMENT AND EMOTION REGULATION
If you know of anyone who would find it helpful to understand their own attachment experiences ( from childhood and/or current relationship patterns and behaviors, please share this with them and encourage them to attend my upcoming workshop!
Human Systems Intelligence & Resilience
Coach, Consultant and Workshop Facilitator
Contact me if you’d like to learn more about my Neuroscience Project coaching and organizational consulting services! Connect by emailing me at hello AT stefaniefaye DOT com
*please note that the suggestions and exercises offered in these videos are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions.